1. Prep your body with lots of water. Drink at least 1-2 liters of clean water a day leading up to your fast.
2. Focus on whole foods – remove as many processed and refined foods from your diet as possible during the week leading up to your cleanse. Integrate as much raw food into your diet as possible, so more salads, smoothies and whole fruits.
3. Gently begin introducing juice and smoothies into your diet – have a juice and or a smoothie every day of the week leading up to your cleanse.
4. 2-3 days before you start your cleanse, you can replace a meal or two with a smoothie. This will get your body used to liquid nutrition.
5. 2-3 days before you start your juice cleanse, start to reduce your fat intake. You will not be taking in any overt fats on your cleanse, and it is best to ease your body into this.
6. Do smoothies only the day before you start your cleanse. This will still be giving your body fibre, but it will help to transition your body smoothly into a liquids only plan.
Make sure you consult your N.D or H.N prior to beginning a juice cleanse. Our cleanse programs are guided virtually by our Resident H.N & Health Coach and all plans are reviewed and approved by our N.D, Dr. Quinn. It’s very important that you select a plan you can trust, and remember to be gentle with your body before doing a juice feast full on.
Your body needs time to transition or the detox process will be extremely difficult and can even cause harm. Juice feasts should not be used for the sole intention of weight loss, but to heal and rejuvenate the body inside and out. Eating a totally or mostly plant based, high raw diet and then transitioning into a juice feast is most ideal for the best results internally and externally. ~ Young and Raw