This shake is as potent and delicious as health-giving shakes go…and the intensity of the vibrant green color of it underscores its nutritive value.
It can be made to the consistency of soft serve (how I love it,) or as liquid-y as you prefer! Or, you might want to add more Tocos and ice in a power blender like the Vitamix, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes or so and then scoop it out and add some toppings for a real good-for-you dessert. I crave this like crazy, so I have it at least every other day as I developed it to meet my detoxing, nutrifying, cytotoxic needs as part of a overall get whole and healed lifestyle. Adjust it to your liking and amp up the greens in it as you can tolerate and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS: (for about 12 ounce portion… I usually double b/c I always want more as it becomes a superb meal replacement or afternoon pick-me-up!)
- 3/4 cup mylk (unsweetened,carageenan free non-dairy beverage- I love macadamia)
- 2-3 Tablespoons nut and/or seed butter (I prefer a mixed version)
- 1 1/4 cups ice
- 1 Tablespoon lignan-free flax oil (Barleans or Spectrum brands are great)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon to Tablespoon of each: Moringa, Spirulina, Chlorella (go for more!)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of Maca (add Ashwaganda if you have it for an option)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of Lucuma
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon Tocos (rice bran powder-makes it smooth and creamy, but not a must)
- 1 teaspoon (at least) of vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 serving/scoop of your favorite organic green powder for variety (see image below)
- 1 Tablespoon of monkfruit granules or pinch of stevia to your taste
- use banana or dates to sweetened if you must and prefer over the above
- SEE THE “ICE CREAM” VARIATION OF IT IN PHOTOS BELOW!
WHAT TO DO:
Simply blend it all up and make as thick or thin as you would most delight in and sit to enjoy the ultra healing you’re ingesting. No kidding that it helped me detox from metal toxicity quickly, kept my cravings at bay, kept me satisfied for hours, and gave me a vast spectrum of minerals, protein, and vitamins I needed to recovery from many a health compromise over many years.
I must warn you… once you get this down to where you like it, you might get hooked!
It’s fun to top this with chlorophyll or E3 as I recently did to make this post with hemp and coconut shreds, but do as you please!
Much health and joy to you!
p.s. my other two shake/smoothies in rotation are called Hi-C-me, Cacao-Mente, and Avo-matcha… those will be posted and shared soon, too.
p.p.s… if you make and post this, please tag me on IG! @eatscommunity and @janeparksmith
AND NOW, TO MAKE IT A REAL TREAT FOR YOU AND MAYBE SOMEONE SKEPTICAL ABOUT HOW GREAT AN EXPERIENCE GOOD FOOD CAN BE…MAKE IT INTO SUPERFOOD “ICE CREAM”~ (just put in freezer 30-40 minutes, scoop it out, garnish in a hurry, and serve it up!
simple and easy, just thicker than the shake
gorgeous with date syrup, coconut, sprouted apricot kernels, goji, and granola
another worthy angle
and one more before devouring! ENJOY yours!
Read the notes tied to each image for more information and perspective.
Great brand and adds a nice flavor to the shake… add one scoop of each if available.
Ingredients are awesome and if you have this, there is no need to have additional sweetening, in my opinion.
This is essential for the creamy, soft-serve-like texture that offers wonderful mouth-feel to the shake. But, not mandatory.