- INGREDIENTS -ORGANIC ONLY
- 1/4 cup coconut manna
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons turmeric – can increase if your pup accepts
- 11 full droppers of Hemp oil – each dropper being 6mL = bit more than 2 fl. ounces)
- 22 full droppers of CBD = 132 mL = more than 4 fl. ounces.
- Pet kelp
- Arnica Montana… each in 30mg portion of this homeopathic pill
WHAT TO DO:
- in double boiler gently meld together peanut butter and coconut manna. It’s simplest if you warm water and add your glass jar of coconut manna and then put soft manna into a measuring cup, then add the softened peanut butter and mix together. You can put the glass measuring cup in the warm water and mix well.
- DO NOT HEAT THE MANNA AND NUT BUTTER MIXTURE BEYOND THE MINIMUM WARMTH NEEDED TO SOFTEN AND MIX. YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE EXCESS HEAT BECAUSE IT MAY ALTER THE HEMP AND CBD EXTRACTS.
- Add turmeric and cinnamon and make sure it is mixed together evenly and thoroughly.
- After you make sure the mixture is only slightly warmed and not too cool (you need to pour into candle molds, so bit warm is easiest,) add all the HEMP and CBD to your mixture.
- Pour into candle molds — this recipe accounts for 44-45 little candle mold servings and gives about 3mg of CBD and 1.5 of HEMP.
- Sprinkle pinch of pet kelp on each molded mixture.
- Drop on Arnica Montana pill into each as final add.
- Chill to solidify in freezer and store there or in fridge.
- Give one daily to your tender-jointed or muscle-strained pup.
- Choose your favorite HEMP and CBD extract. I chose one called Dope Dog for CBD because of the wild caught salmon oil used to add other benefits of this darling little holistic goodie. In this recipe, I used Charlotte’s Web hemp oil, but may leave out in future and opt for just CBD.
- They are simply delicious goodness added goodies for my furbabies.
Healing and real relief can take time, so consider this one part of your fur famiy’s food-as-medicine practice! We also balance between Holistic treatments like acupuncture and cold laser therapy… and westernized doggie pain meds when the pain is sudden and too acute to wait on relief. Health is a gift that requires balance, prayerful intuitive decisions, and some patience. Bless you and your family!
With drooly Love, Jane, Rocky, and Tessa.